Pattern Review - Vintage Simplicity 7632 (a.k.a How good is a raglan sleeve!?)



I scored this vintage pattern on Etsy not so long ago and, tempting though this whole belted playsuit look is, I opted to modify the pattern to create a top.


Changes? I removed the centre front seam and used an invisible zip for the back closure. I used a narrow binding inside the neckline as I didn't want the facing to be visible through the shoulder lace. I also lengthened the sleeves a wee bit. 

 

The other score? An 80cm remnant piece of this stunning fabric - Fiorentina - which sold out in the blink of an eye. When laying out the pattern, I had to do a bit of strategic placement because I had limited fabric and didn't want to end up with a bunch of flowers on either of my 'girls'. It also left me without enough fabric to pattern match the back, but the end result was kinda cool.


The sleeves are made up in Black Spider, a poly/cotton blend available in Melbourne only. And while I'm talking sleeves OH MY GOD HOW GOOD/EASY/QUICK IS SEWING A RAGLAN SLEEVE!!? As a serial mucker-upperer of the set in sleeve, I'm in love.


Don't forget to enter our silk stash giveaway. Comments close 4pm AEST Thurs 18th Oct.


Labels: , , ,