Pattern Review - Vogue 8815



Here's a peplum top I made up for my daughter in our Italian digital printed ponti knit Blue Mazzetto. Claudia chose both the style, inspired by these images found on the net and the fabric, from our latest arrivals of printed ponti's. The top pattern is super easy Vogue 8815

After making a calico out of a black ponti knit I had, I made minor alterations such as adding a neck facing, shortening the sleeves, taking out some excess fabric out of the back and taking it in slightly at the shoulders. More importantly the peplum wasn't as full as the pattern envelope illustrates, so I added some more fullness. 

Claudia's requested a couple more in plain ponti and happily modelled her new top for me today, so I take it as a thumbs up!

PS. I forgot to mention that I eliminated the back shoulder dart by pivoting it out on the pattern.

Labels: , , , ,