Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Pattern Review - Vintage Butterick 4873
I discovered this gem of a pattern whilst browsing through Lisa's extensive collection of vintage patterns, a couple of month's ago. I knew instinctively that this 70's pattern Butterick 4873 was for me and going to be perfect made up in a linen.
I had our Linen/Viscose Black Check earmarked for a sundress, so thought I'd try the pattern out in this linen blend first. Turned out to be the perfect dress for our Tessuti Sydney Christmas party last Sunday!
The pattern has a lovely double bib yoke front that extends to the back neck band. The front and back pieces are flared and cut on the bias. It was super easy to make and the only alteration I made to the pattern was to lower the neckline a little and eliminate the side pockets. The original 70's size 10 pattern was perfect in size, as obviously all of the fit in this dress is in the top.
I'm absolutely thrilled with how it turned out. Think I'll make it up again in Italian 'Etro' Linen/Viscose Purple Wood for the Tessuti Melbourne Christmas party coming up. Well, when you're pushed for time and onto a good thing.....